• Thirty-eight-year employee of the Houston Chronicle/Hearst Corp. Was editor and columnist for the automotive sections, and "Mixed Metal" magazine.
• Wrote a blog that was featured in the Houston Chronicle, San Francisco Chronicle and Seattle PI.
• Twenty-plus-year "Truck Talk" columnist for the Motor Matters syndicate.
• A past contributing writer to "Road and Track Open Road" magazine, and Car and Truck Buyers Guides.
• Hosted "Auto Show Weekly" radio show and "Test Drive" TV show for United Airlines Inflight TV.
• Five-time winner of the International Automotive Media Awards "Best of Newspapers" award.
• Past president of the Texas Auto Writers Association and co-founder of the Texas Truck Rodeo.